First Baptist Church of Taylor was founded in 1882 and has been a positive spiritual presence in the city of Taylor for 133 years. We began with a core of 9 Christ followers who built the first ministry center at 6th and Fowzer in 1888.
Ten years later, however, the building burned to the ground. The church did not falter, but instead rose up and built a new facility one year later. Years later, we purchased land at 7th and Davis, our current location, to build once more. The Great Depression gripped our nation and stalled the building plans. But again, FBC Taylor rose up and continued its mission; our present location was completed in 1945 and has been our home for 70 years.
Twenty years ago, our leaders recognized the need to do more and began the process of relocating our ministry center to Mallard Lane. Land has been purchased, and now it’s time for us to RISE UP and build on the work of generations past for the generations that will follow us.