Minister of Students
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The Minister of Students must be a growing Christ follower and a member at FBC Taylor. This individual must be a person of high moral and spiritual integrity while demonstrating a solid biblical doctrine. Relational skills and the ability to lead through teams are key components for success in developing and leading others to engage in ministry to students. The ability to engage students in innovative and creative ways is a valued trait.
Must have formal ministry training or equivalent ministry experience (required).
Must have led and organized a student ministry.
Education, experience, and/or gifting in administration or management would be helpful.
The Minister of Students is part of the Ministerial Staff of FBC Taylor, and is responsible to the Pastor and Personnel Team.
Oversee Student Team and Recreation Team.
Coordinate and facilitate all student (6-12 grade) experiences at FBC Taylor.
Accept other assignments as requested by the pastor.
SPECIFIC STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships with students in Eastern Williamson County.
- Counsel students regarding spiritual decisions, including: salvation, baptism, rededication, and church membership.
- Create and maintain a student discipleship plan that aligns with FBC Taylor’s overall discipleship strategy.
- Organize and lead a weekly student worship gathering.
- Encourage student engagement in Sunday morning worship services.
- Oversee all aspects of student Sunday Morning Bible Studies
- Organize and oversee annual student summer camp.
- Organize and oversee annual student overnight weekend experience (i.e. D-Now).
- Organize and oversee annual student evangelistic event.
- Attend student extracurricular activities (i.e. sporting events, band concerts, theater performances, etc.).
- Regularly visit middle school and high school campuses.
- Develop and maintain relationships with student ministry volunteers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with student parents.
- Create an annual student ministry plan to lead, guide, and inform the church, volunteers, and parents about upcoming student ministry goals and schedules.
SPECIFIC MINISTERIAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Provide pastoral care to church and community members.
- Actively serve as a point of contact for prospects both inside and outside the program or church.
- Maintain availability for weddings and funerals, as requested.
- Prepare and manage annual student ministry budget.
- Submit all payments to the financial office for processing.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a desire to reach and disciple students in an innovative manner.
- Must exhibit strong leadership and administrative skills in order to engage not only students, but also student volunteers and parents.
- Must be able to effectively balance the needs of students and the needs of the church as a whole.