First Baptist Church of Taylor was founded in 1882 and has been a positive spiritual presence in the city of Taylor for 135 years. We began with a core of 9 Christ followers who built the first ministry center at 6th and Fowzer in 1888. Ten years later, however, the building burned to the ground. The church did not falter, but instead rose up and built a new facility one year later. Years later, we purchased land at 7th and Davis, our current location, to build once more. The Great Depression gripped our nation and stalled the building plans. But again, FBC Taylor rose up and continued its mission.